Monday, September 19, 2011

Cakes in a cup

Today was my return to work after an extended break, and what better way to convince everyone they have missed me than by bribing them with sweet cakes?

I haven't baked much in ages, and it was fantastic to come home to my Kenwood Chef, although he's caught a slight cough on low speeds - I think he's just not used to being used these days. I decided to go all out and try a few different cupcake recipes, inspired by the gorgeous front page of a Tara Smak magazine I nicked from home. I planned about 6 different versions, and ended up making a little over a hundred cupcakes, in these four flavours:

White chocolate and banana cupcakes, with banana frosting and home dried banana chips on top


Triple chocolate with two different types of chocolate frosting


Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing


Lemon and poppy seed with yellow lemon frosting

The recipes and methods were modified versions of recipes I found online and in the magazine, I'll write them all up another day (after all, it was my first day back to work, so I am legitimately tired!)

No comments:

Post a Comment