Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday bliss

Few things are better than a good weekend. I am happy to report from a pretty perfect Saturday (with the promise of an amazing Sunday), which is even better after a week of hard but passionately fun work on things that could make a difference. Happy me, in other words!

Started the day with a rather decadent, if simple breakfast; duck egg and toast. There is something that feels indulgent about duck eggs, even if they're just eggs! But they are so pretty and white, a rarity in eggs here in Scotland. And with gorgeous yolks and well-behaving whites, just frying an egg to eat with seedy bread, tomatoes and basil is a luxury in itself.


(I've also downloaded a fancy new app, Pixlr-o-matic, for my Android, and am having lots of fun with editing, so expect retro-looking snaps galore!)

After breakfast and a rainy run, strolling into town via some of the more picturesque Edinburgh streets. A slight drizzle and dark skies means lights in the flats and sneaky peaks into the fabulous front rooms. Guilty pleasures! 

On the way back from gift hunting, and an extravagant buy of a Le Creuset frying pan that may well be too fancy - but so nice! - I popped into Eteaket, a tea house I've walked past many times, but never been in to. What a lovely place! Colourful chairs, stylish interior, comfy sofas and lots of cushions - nice. Edinburgh has too few non-chainy coffee/tea places, so this is already in my top two (Mimi's Bakehouse in Leith being the other). I had a very nice strawberry tart, and a seriously sweet, but wonderful, Chai Latte, with my current book - which I will write about once I finish. 



And I will have to come back to Eteaket for their afternoon tea, a delicious-looking treat in three tiers, as enjoyed the girls at the next table, who happened to be Norwegian as well (the fourth group of fellow countrypeople I've encountered in one day - we're everywhere!).

No comments:

Post a Comment